Since 2017 Corrado Aaron Visaggio is associate professor at the Department of Engineering, University of Sannio, Italy, where he teaches Software and Network Security at the MSc of Computer Engineering and Computer Science at the BSc of Building Engineering.
2005: PhD in Information Engineering at the University of Sannio (Italy), with a thesis entitled “Empirical Validation of Pair Programming”, published at the International Conference on Software Engineering 2005.
2001: Laurea degree (MSc) in Electronic Engineering at the Politecnico di Bari (Italy) with a thesis entitled “Formalization of the Operative Context in Software Process Models”. The thesis was developed at the Fraunhofer Institute for Empirical Software Engineering – Kaiserslautern (Germany).
Research Interests and Publications
Empirical software engineering, malware analysis, software security, data and privacy protection, natural language processing, software maintenance and evolution.
A complete list of my publications can be found here.
2015-2017: Scientific Supervisor of the Project “Vulnerability Assessment of Banking System”, research project funded by Emaze
2018-present: Scientific Supervisor of the Research Project EUCLID-ID founded by the Italian Ministry of Economy (EU Computing services Leveraging digital Identity) Identità digitale a supporto delle applicazioni su cloud per l’autenticazione, la tracciabilità e la sicurezza delle informazioni, di persone, di beni e prodotti”, approvato per il finanziamento nel piano di agevolazioni finanziarie di cui al DM 1 GIUGNO 2016 “Grandi Progetti R&S – PON 2014/2020” – Agenda digitale. This project is aimed at developing a technology that extracts physical and chemical features by artworks and store them in blockchain-based system for guaranteeing the authenticity of the artwork.
2018: Scientific Supervisor of the research project funded by Donexit s.r.l., aimed at the development of a software agent for detecting compromised workstations.
2018: Scientific Supervisor of the research project funded by CybSec S.p.A., Cybaze now, aimed at the development of a probe for detecting attacks in SMEs.
2019-present: Scientific Supervisor of the research project funded by Auriga S.p.A. for analysing security of Blockchain Based applications.
2019-present: Scientific Supervisor of the research project funded by Assioma for studying IOT Security.
Local chairman of the University of Sannio’s Branch of the CINI CYBER SECURITY LABS, a National Laboratory of Cyber Security formed by the Italian Academia.
Board of PhD program at the Department of Engineering of the University of Sannio.
Member of the DPO (Data Protection Officer) of the University of Sannio.
Member of the Monitoring and Planning Board (Commissione di Monitoraggio e Pianificazione) of the University of Sannio.
Program Committee (current)
- ITA-SEC 2019, the Italian Conference On Cybersecurity
- SECRYPT 2019 , 15th International Conference on Security and Cryptography
- ARES 2019, International Conference on Availability Reliability and Security
- SEKE 2019, International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering
- Malware Conference 2019
- ISSRE 2019, IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering
- ICISSP 2019, International Conference of Information Systems Security and Privacy
- MLN 2019, International Conference on Machine Learning for Networking
- SECRYPT 2020 , 16th International Conference on Security and Cryptography
- ARES 2020, International Conference on Availability Reliability and Security
- ACNS 2020, International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security